Sunday, September 23, 2012

Autumn arrives right on cue - let the show begin!

I'm wondering what this Autumn/Fall will be like in terms of colour as the seasons thus far have been about 2-3 weeks ahead of normal but look, it's already off to a great start.
Some trees have small patches of colour but most are still all green and today the skies are as blue as blue can be - just gorgeous.


 And the asters/Michaelmas daisies continue their glowing show


 The Pee gee hydrangea flowers are turning ever more pink...
...and their resident spiders are spinning their webs ready for Hallowe'en
I don't know who this little guy is among the grape leaves but for the longest time I thought it was a bird scraucking out there - he has such a big voice for such a little frog but I love him.
There's lots of this on Blueberry Hill but I don't know what it is - the acid yellow against the maroon bark is impressive.

 Rowan berries on the Mountain Ash - this year they are not as plentiful - usually they produce very full, umbrella wands of berries.

...and my pink Clara Curtis chrysanthemum - usually these don't even get a chance to be photographed as the slugs and snails eagerly await their arrival - this year there have been loads upon loads of said slugs and snails - they must be full from eating all the strawberries, tomatoes and the like I have heard so many people mention.

HAPPY AUTUMN EVERYONE 
 I'll continue to photograph as the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness progresses :)

1 comment:

June said...

Gorgeous autumnal colours, as shown by your gorgeous piccies and excellent photographer's eye. I love this time of year most of all the seasons. And I also love that wee little froggie. Autumn makes me just want to walk amongst the leaves, take in the crisp air, and then come back home and bake some scones and especially tarts and pies ... apple pie, mainly, followed by some pumpkin pie and possibly some pecan pie.
Thanks for sharing your autumnal delights with us, Patricia.